OUR FREE BEACH MEDITATION EVENTS – Since 2016
How to meditate on the beach? We gather 300’s like-minded people on the beach to meditate together…
In collaboration with Brighton Council & Brighton Seafront Office, the kindness of the The West Pier Trust and, some years, an amazing partnership with the Brighton Fringe Festival, Bodhisattva Kadampa Meditation Centre is offering free guided meditation sessions on Brighton Beach since 2016, mostly between the months of May and September.
The guided meditation leads you on a voyage of exploration of your mind through which you can discover your own inner potential for lasting peace and happiness.
- The meeting point is always in front of the West Pier (opposite the i360) where the actual guided meditation takes place on the beach. To help you identify the meeting point there is a flag displaying a meditators logo and our website address. We aim to begin the meditation at 11.00 am so please arrive in good time.
- Everyone is welcome to attend this free session but, in order to help us prepare for the event, we usually ask you to register first, using the booking appearing above when we have a set new date. If you want to and can make any small donation to the centre or to the West Pier Trust for lending us this beautiful space and all their efforts to preserve it, feel free too.
- Please bring a cushion or blanket with you if it helps you to sit comfortably.
This free event is hosted by Bodhisattva KMC. Our Centre is located in Brighton within two acres of quiet leafy grounds and is a haven of peace in the city. It is open to the public and offers a variety of Buddhist meditation classes, day courses, and weekend meditation retreats that are suitable for beginners and more experienced meditators.
We have decided to publish the many iconic photographs & drone pictures and a recap of our past events, to document our amazing “peace by the beach” history in Brighton.
We hope it will also inspire more groups and Buddhist centres in the UK and worldwide to organise similar gathering in the future.
- Very first event on the bandstand: 18 September 2016
- Meditations on the Bandstand, part of the Brighton Fringe Festival 2017: 7, 21 & 28 May 2017
- Meditation on the West Pier Beach: 13 Aug 2017, 3 June 2018, 19 Aug 2018, 2 June and 18 Aug 2019
- Meditation on the Beach, part of the Brighton Fringe Festival 2019: 19 May 2019
- Finally, in 2020, we planned and had to cancelled our beach meditations of May 17, May 31, June 28, July 5, August 16 due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
From a small group meditating in the Bandstand in 2016 to a crowded group of 300 attendants in 2019, people of Brighton have been requested more beach meditation every year. We really hope to reunite many times again in the summer 2021!