Teacher Training Programme
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism, and to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers.
The books studied on TTP
The programme comprises the following twelve subjects, based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding fourteen commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understanding the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
The Teacher of Teacher Training Programme
The classes are taught by Kelsang Chodor. He is a close disciple of Geshe-la and has studied and practised Buddhism for many years. He is much loved for his relaxed and gentle nature and teaches with great clarity, insight and wisdom, skilfully guiding people to inner peace and happiness in their lives.
TTP runs weekly on Sunday evenings, 6.30 – 8.45pm, and Wednesday evenings, 7.00 pm – 9.15 pm
How much does TTP cost?
The fee for enrolling on TTP is £38 per month for the duration of the course including term breaks. Your TTP member fee includes free entrance to any Beginner’s Evening Classes, Evening Classes, ½ Day Course, Day Courses, Special Retreats and Weekend Meditation Retreats at Bodhisattva Centre (excluding meals).
When can I join TTP?
Students can generally join TTP at any time. Please contact the Education Programme Coordinator to discuss.
Interested in joining?
If you wish to join Teacher Training Programme please contact us and we will arrange for you to attend a free ‘taster session’. This will give you an opportunity to find out more about the course and consider if it is something you would like to join.